The Motorcycle Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Motorcycle Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Driveway

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Driveway  Empty Driveway Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:25 am

Den

Den

Back in January someone slashed 2 of our car tyres whilst the car was parked outside out house,BASTARDS.
At the time we put it down 2 kids however i still informed the police so there was a record of it.And changing them was a right pain but that's a story in it's self.Then about 2 months later the excate same thing happened again so someone had it in for us for what reason we didn't know back then n still have no idea now.
So after the 2nd time we talked about putting a drive in,started to save money and put the forms into the council for permission to build 1.Inspector from the council came out i went through my plans with him and after aweek we got the paperwork authorising the drive to be done.Now i should mention i didn't think there would be a problem as the house's around my area used to have drives and for some reason the council removed them about 17 years ago,as a result of that it meant I had the drop curb on the path still in place which cost's around £900 to get done.
Actuall work started late June when we came back from our holiday in Devon when I went n had that fit,was told in the hospital at the time it was a siezure but after speaking to my doctor when i got back he said it was more like a fit,again another story in it's self.
Now the main bulk of the soil was removed with a digger as there was no way i'm able to shift that much manually(7 tons of soil),so a family member(Mandy) dug it out,she turned alot of heads when folk walking by relized there was a 5ft 10 size 12 bloned female operating a 3-4 ton digger(couldn't get pics as it was all hands to the pumps that day n know time to pose).
On that day there was a falling out with Katherine's brother as katherine's farther and brother who I get on good with don't go to the time or trouble that i would when doing jobs,they tend to rush things and cut corners along the way,so long story short they didn't agree with me and eventually I said i'd be better of doing it on my own to save a BIG falling out.
Think i've blabberd on long enough so here's some pics,the front garden has also been dug out and shilled but i've no pics of that yet,will take a pic of it soon though.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The dog was barking at the hedge in the back garden 1 day whilst working went over and this was there.
The gates wern't easy to do on my own as I could have done with a pair of hands just to hold things in place,instead everything needed to be clamped or supported,need to go back to it as the gates arn't level with each other.
This was taken on the day we were having a BBQ with about 20 people invited for Katherine's birthday,spent all morning buying food and another 2-3 hours getting everything ready for folk arriving at 5pm,lit the BBQ at 4:30 and it bloody rained so had to cancel it,sunny and hot right up to about 4pm and the clouds rolled in thick and fast,however we did have an unexpected guest,can you spot him?.

Last edited by Den on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total

2Driveway  Empty Re: Driveway Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:04 am

Tyke

Tyke

You've done a good job there Den, well done.

3Driveway  Empty Re: Driveway Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:36 pm

Kaz

Kaz

Good job Den.

I hope you haven't made the little hedgehog homeless now? It's so cute!!

Very Happy

4Driveway  Empty Re: Driveway Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:38 pm

BigV

BigV

Kaz wrote:Good job Den.

I hope you haven't made the little hedgehog homeless now? It's so cute!!

Very Happy

WOMEN!

Nice work Den

5Driveway  Empty Re: Driveway Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:44 pm

Paddy

Paddy

Was the BBQ for (HEDGE) Hog roast n Chips??? Cracking job kidda. Pat on the back

https://bikersforum.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum