The Motorcycle Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Motorcycle Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Top of the world.

+2
Paddy
BigV
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Top of the world. Empty Top of the world. Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:31 pm

BigV

BigV

Still on our Motorhome holiday round UK. Finally on a site with internet.
Spent the past 3 nights in a perfect location at the foothills of Ben Nevis. I never thought Adele would even contemplate heading for the summit. She doesn't do any exercise apart from walking the dog so I'm really proud of her. Anyway here we are last thursday, it took 3hours 50 mins up and 2hours 30 down.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Currently staying in Pitlochry. I'll get more photo's as and when but it's a really slow connection. Expecting to be in Northumberland monday or tuesday.

2Top of the world. Empty Re: Top of the world. Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:13 am

Paddy

Paddy

Well done Mrs V. Fantastic area. Look forward to hearing about your road trip

https://bikersforum.forumotion.com

3Top of the world. Empty Re: Top of the world. Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:54 am

Kaz

Kaz

Great Pics!

We camped at that site too. The scenery was fantastic.

Although I certain member of my party who shall remain nameless over indulged in alcohol. We had to abandon camping and book into a cosy b n b!!

Enjoy the rest of your road trip. We look forward to seeing more pics!

Very Happy

4Top of the world. Empty Re: Top of the world. Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:09 am

robbo

robbo

nice one Mart keep the piccies comming

5Top of the world. Empty Re: Top of the world. Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:21 pm

Andy Bloody Bandit

Andy Bloody Bandit

Way to go Mart

Was the cable car not working then

It's only about 10 mins from Souvenir shop

Cracking pics mate

keep em coming

6Top of the world. Empty Re: Top of the world. Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:50 pm

BigV

BigV

Left Scotland today after an overnight stop south of Edinburgh. Have to say it has exceeded all expectations, even allowing for the rain and the midges.

This is Loch Lomond on the East side near to a village called Balmaha. We had an overnight stay there earlier last week before heading to Fort William. The A82 road up the west side of the Loch is probably the most stunning road I have ever driven and I vow to return there one day on the motorbike. Just for the scenary and great road.

This is from the bottom of Ben Nevis loooking past our motorhome.

and another one or two from the top. Just for the hell of it. Officially it's 4406 feet but my GPS said 4426 feet. My feet said 'who gives a S##T! just give me a rest

Finally made it to the North East and currently staying just outside Bamburgh as recommended by Big Kat Have to say it's a wonderfull little place. Beach looks stunning. Spencers had his first taste of running around in Sand Dunes and absolutely loved it.

Our 25th wedding anniversary tomorrow. Maybe planning a visit to Alnwick Castle as we hear the grounds are wonderful. Hope you like the pics

7Top of the world. Empty Re: Top of the world. Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:44 pm

Big Kat

Big Kat

Glad you are having a good time Mart, Alnwick Garden is where you need to be heading. If you park your bus there you can get into the castle via the garden. When are you leaving the North East? would be good to catch up with you!

8Top of the world. Empty Re: Top of the world. Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:26 pm

BigV

BigV

Hi Kat. we're planning on at least one more night in Northumberland but probably move a little further South via Alnwick tomorrow. Seems like quite a nice sight at a place called Bellingham, don't know if you know it? Good to know we can get the Mhome parked at Alnwick. It's the Gardens we're more interested in as the dog can't go in the house anyway. It's difficult keeping contact. this is the first sight with decent internet connection, Chances are we'll still be at the Bellingham sight as mentioned on wednesday AM. We want to see so much more but fast running out of time. Got to be back in Hants by Friday. Mhomes return on Sat

9Top of the world. Empty Re: Top of the world. Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:07 pm

Big Kat

Big Kat

Hope you had a great time Mart, shame we missed you, look forward to seeing more of you photo's.

10Top of the world. Empty Re: Top of the world. Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:03 pm

BigV

BigV

Big Kat wrote:Hope you had a great time Mart, shame we missed you, look forward to seeing more of you photo's.

Shame we couldn't get to see anybody. We only had the 2 nights in Northumberland. Adele and I both loved the area and will certainly be visiting again, hopefully for a bit longer next time. Stayed at the Bellingham sight as mentioned on tueasday night and travelled wednesday to visit Kielder resevoir and Hadrians wall (Whats left of it) at Wall. Stayed our last 2 nights in the Yorkshire Dales, another beautiful spot with plenty more walking to be had. Now home in the sunny South and it's pissing down. Got to return the MHome in the morning. A great holiday adventure for us both and memories to last a life time. i'll try for some more pics later.

11Top of the world. Empty Re: Top of the world. Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:23 pm

BigV

BigV

A few more photos, taken in Northumbira and Yorkshire Dales.

And finally home

12Top of the world. Empty Re: Top of the world. Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:31 pm

robbo

robbo

Nice pics Mart ssing you in that last one, you ever thought about getting yourself an ice cream van Very Happy

13Top of the world. Empty Re: Top of the world. Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:23 pm

BigV

BigV

Who told you my middle name was Mr Whippy Very Happy

14Top of the world. Empty Re: Top of the world. Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:17 pm

Paddy

Paddy

some great pics there Dave. Love the second last one with the dog popping its head through the bridge.

https://bikersforum.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]